2009年7月27日月曜日

Body for travel


We left 10:00 am in the morning, arrived at 21:00 in the evening. 11 hours Great journey covering 120 km.
It has been raining whole last night and made road completely muddy. While we had 5 land cruiser with staff and security guards, One car got stuck, then another car’s engine stopped. One car owner complained about the price we already agreed. We tried short cut, then ended up longer road. It was muddy as well bumpy road. It hit back, head then bushes got into from window which left sharp stings. It was real 10 hours bush safari!

I had good milk tea for breakfast, then only had one chocolate bar (98kcal), which last 10 hours.
What an Eco-friendly body I had! Of course, you can not expect fancy drive-in, or McDonald’s on the way,
There weren’t even proper place for tea. You may be able to get tea from near by village, and you see,
one of our guard who took tea started vomiting after 10 min. We’ve never known the quality of camel milk here and it may not be boiled. Better not to touch it when travel long distance.

Well, when I know I will be on a journey, I think my body controls herself not to feel hunger or thirst.
I didn’t even go to toilet. Toilet is another long story to tell. I do not really mind going to be open toilet after 6 years intensive experience in the field, but it still requires some courage in some location.
I should be careful of being off-road due to land mine or UXO in South Sudan. There is no issue of landmine here in Somalia but they really have terrible bush which got sting everywhere. You should really be ready to be cut and stung yourselves if you want to go to pee outside. It is not easy to pee or puu in this man-surrounding environment. Not to mention period. It is unavoidable nature but really pain in the ass when on traveling. It is almost equivalent to punishment. So, one reason or another, when I am on trip, I don’t feel like going puu and my period is much less to handle compared with normalcy. I may got Yogi body which can adjust according to environment. Very convenient, huh?

However, I am not the one who can get the real credit for this tough trip. I have two female staff with me who are real pregnant – 8 month (almost 9 month) and 6 month! I told them that they do not have to go to the field as they are in very important period, but they said they don’t mind. They knew there is lots of work and the environment here and there is no difference. Well, they really impressed me with the fact that women are strong.

It is nice to see some of my friends got best of best environment and being taken care of and have nice birth, but they really inspired me and I can believe that their kids whose moms are that brave can be really healthy!!We all know their condition so every time car bumped around, we asked “is your baby coming??” Yes, it was very enjoyable trip. You see now, why I do not complain about my puu or period in this hectic journey.
It really does not matter.

0 件のコメント: