2009年7月31日金曜日

Power of girl


I do not normally use foundation to cover up, maybe because there is nothing to hide in this super sunny environment. I can not be Barbie here, and anyway, it has never been in my character – perfect make-up and being girlie. Stinging Somalia sun turned me into bright tan and it is nice.

Girls in my age in Japan are most likely to have fully equipped cosmetic pouch with them all along, but I will carry first aid kits instead. Instead of glossy pink lip stick, I should bring flash light. If I go for field for couple of hours with my side window open, whole dust will cover my face. No point to cover in the morning to make me look good, you see? I applied eye-liner and mascara to make my eyes visible but it is still half size of Somali ladies. Yes, I already knew that it is not competition, and I do not have to be more beautiful than other girls to be me.

Now at least I learned that no-make up does not mean I do not care. I started using proper basic toner, serum and cream and my skin quality improved. I do not make up but I do spend good energy and time to prepare good base. I am not early 20s any more which good sleep can rejuvenate everything so I should make some effort.

Just one thing I do ensure in the field – my nails. It can not be too long and decorative as I do play volleyball with my staff and my place is too muddy and dusty. However, to cut in proper length, polished and paint light pink makes me recognize that I am a woman and I do take care of myself.
Even when I washed myself in muddy shower room with a bucket of water,
Even the water contains some dead insect….if the nails of the feet which the water washed is painted properly in red, the moment makes me happy.

Environment can be harsh, the work might be challenging, but as long as spirit, nails and skin is in good condition, woman can go forward. It is not something to be able to cover up by expensive cosmetic. It refers to something coming up from inward.
If my nails are half gone or skin got bad pimple, my energy will be vacuumed and I can not make the most of my power, rather, I should say, if I am not in best condition at work, I may recognize that my nails are not done properly.

We don’t have to be extraordinary proud of being women, but we have small moment in our daily lives to recognize how nice we are as woman. Ensure to catch the moment to make us happy and keep going!



0 件のコメント: